Nominee- New York Videogame Critics Circle for Best Mobile GameOne of the Best Games of 2012: Action- TouchArcadePocket Tactics' 2012 Action Game of the Year!5/5 TouchArcade!"The tortured, veiny world the art conjures and the surreal music it uses to bolster its paranoid sci-fi vibe are bo... see moreNominee- New York Videogame Critics Circle for Best Mobile Game
One of the Best Games of 2012: Action- TouchArcade
Pocket Tactics' 2012 Action Game of the Year!
5/5 TouchArcade! "The tortured, veiny world the art conjures and the surreal music it uses to bolster its paranoid sci-fi vibe are both riveting aspects that suck you into a surreal universe and doesn't let go."
8/10 Edge Magazine! "God Of Blades enhances its glorious alien bloodshed with lavish presentation that blends the pulp sensibilities of paperback fantasy novels with the bizarre visions found on prog rock album covers."
A love-song to pulp fantasy tales of yore, 70s synth-prog-landscape oddities, and forgotten places, God of Blades is a gorgeous, visceral sidescrolling physics-based sword-fighting adventure.
See the trailer at http://www.whitewhalegames.com -------------------------- Praise for God of Blades:
“Cripes. So many reasons to like this. The pulpy sci fi narrative, the prog rock lettering and album art backdrops, the spectral swordsmen and the fearsome sense of connection. God of Blades is pretty much glorious, basically.” - Christian Donlan, Hookshot Inc.
“...we were reminded of Shadow of the Beast for some reason – probably because of the music and the setting... that’s a very good thing.”- Chris Priestman, IndieGameMag
“The White Whale Games crew has gone above and beyond demonstrating their devotion to stories and literature, and [Loreseeker] is one of the most creative and brilliant ways they could have possibly conceived to get people to go to those incredible repositories of human knowledge known as libraries.” - Brad Hilderbrand, Gamezebo
“God of Blades is dripping with style” - Jim Squires, Gamezebo
The dead king rises! Become a spectral warrior who has returned to defend his planet against a rampaging doom-cult and the devouring touch of the cosmic horrors they serve. Wrenching this world from the grasp of oblivion, the Nameless King wields phantom blades forged from the legends and heritage of a dying world.
Raise your blade, and rush into the darkness!
BATTLE ACROSS AN ALIEN WORLD
- 11 Breathtaking, handcrafted environments and art inspired by pulp novel covers, classic RPG modules, and 1970s rock - Extensive Campaign mode includes gorgeous cinematics and an epic story in the tradition of fantasy sagas past.
WIELD A GODLIKE ARSENAL
- An array of unlockable weapons, each with a unique look, feel, power, and history— learn their tales and develop your own fighting strategies. Banish your enemies to other dimensions, cover them in flames, slow time to achieve impossible blows, summon raging storms, coat them in soul-devouring worms and more! - Addictive, emergent, physics-driven combat makes every duel unique—shatter weapons, armor, and send your foes flying. No two duels are the same.
A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS
- Eternal mode offers white-knuckle survival gameplay- how long can you last the different warriors that comprise the void-crazed horde? - Pit your swordfighting prowess against the monstrous Voidchosen—procedurally generated master warriors.
- Stellar aural experience, featuring tremendous sound design, and an album-length score reminiscent of 60s/70s fantasy and horror films
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD, CHALLENGE THE DARKNESS
- Unlock select weapons by visiting real world libraries, using our innovative feature, Loreseeker.